Friday, October 13, 2006

GRE

GRE was the most terrifying thing for me before three days. I can not tell how many times I decided to take the date for the test and again postponed due to some kind of fear or lack of confidance. But somehow at last I did it.
I have been very impressed by some guys to whom I know from Yahoo GRE group. I always wanted to score like them. You can say I was secret admirer of their achievment in GRE.

I want to thank them in this post. Sudipta and Sunshine both posted nice and useful tricks for GRE and TOEFL. It helped alot.

I got 590 in verbal and 780 in Quantitative. It is pretty much good score for me. It may seem ridiculous but I was so frustreted after the test that I wanted to cancel my scores. Now I thank to the God that I did not go for it. I learnd the most important thing that more than your preparation, the GRE tests your composure. Offcourse, there is no alternative to hard work and preparation but though you are well prepared, fear of test might affect the scores.

Well, GRE is not the only thing for admission process. Now I have to make my SOP and RECOs. Lets see how it goes.

2 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger satish said...

stopped writing??

wher are u applying??

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger mintykulkarni said...

Hey Satish,
not decided about admission yet.
yes... I am one lousy blogger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home